Friday, September 11, 2009

headache, clouds, and 9/11

*This first paragraph may be a little to sad and graphic for some*

Well, after a really good productive day working our business, I crashed hard last night. I awoke with a headache, going on day 4, and a sad heart as I quickly remembered what today is. Eight years ago, when America as we know it changed forever...my heart broke big time. The events and loss of that day weighed so heavy on me.
Being very visual, I had no trouble at all seeing the loss in pictures in my mind. I would see the people screaming, falling, burning, children crying, parents weeping, people buried, reaching out for help, not being able to breathe. I would see people on planes, calling their loved ones, crying out before certain death. I knew it was horrible and I was imagining every detail of what the people were going through. It really weighed on me. I was deeply depressed, for a long time.
My faith was tested, the world was dark. I don't know why I am built the way I am, but it is what it is.  Even before 9/11, I would stay away from the news and some movies, because my mind can go there and focus and visualize tragedy so realistically. It took me a while, at least a year, to start climbing out of that hole. I am so thankful for my kids, and the life that they would remind me of every day. I don't think I would have found a renewed hope had it not been for them and God supernaturally working in my life.
I guess all that is to say, after eight years, my heart grieves around this time, and I remember that day and the loss and sadness that not only surrounded me, but thousands, maybe even millions....and except for that very long year, I don't focus on it too much. It wouldn't be healthy. But those who lost, and lived, they have it hard. It stares them down everyday, punches them in the face if you will. The choice is still there, to press on, to find hope, to hold on to faith, to love and laugh...but the mountain is higher for them than it was for me.
Even in my crazy, graphic, wild imagination, I can't conceive the daily battle they fight....for this, they are heroes, and represent the strength and perseverance and hope of America.
                              the Lady Liberty, taken by Natalie Norris, Dec. 2008
__________________________________________________________________________________

moving forward...
Despite my headache, I know today is still gonna be a good day.
Don and I will be together later and we are going for the dream! Tonight we are going to PGA National Resort and Spa for a Free Business Opportunity Meeting and then tomorrow for a full day of EXCITE Business Training.
WOW! The possibilities in this business are so infinite! The new leadership has brought together a great plan and support system for success! We are really excited about getting on the fast track to become Excutive Directors in 15 months! That means we can do this full time! :) Lots of people are achieving this goal, and with tons of resources and team support, I know we can too! I only wish I would have thought to do this earlier, so I could invite anybody to come and hear about the opportunity. Its FREE tonite, so if you want to, meet us there! :)(click those links up there for a detailed flyer)
I am really looking forward to our Distributor pak arriving on Tuesday! I think that Vivix is gonna help my headaches and overall health greatly.
Its pretty cloudy outside, so no beach this am, but that's ok. I got a lot to do to get ready for the day.
take care~
Natalie

1 comment:

  1. I remember how bloody cold it was the day you took those pics from Battery Park! Great eye for scenes like that!
    I love you!

    ReplyDelete